Welcome


Power 2 Improv's aim is to keep growing and changing and offering new outlets for people to discover the best in themselves and others and to use it and have fun

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Role of a teacher means teaching parents too.

I love meeting my younger student’s parents - All of my younger students are amazing and fun. I love when a parent pulls me aside to let me know that their kid is extremely talented and they want to learn improv to help them with stage presents and have more confidence. As they are telling me how award winning their kid is i look past them and see the angel picking their nose, not just picking but mining for gold. I will say I have only had 2 parents that thought that my class was Dance mom's - where they tried to coach their kids from the side during my class. i.e smile more, look at the teacher, do it better. yup those are things they were telling their kid. So i have to teach the parents too, how to yes and , and let their kids be them-self. and everyone need to just be silly from time to time. I love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment